CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 1, 2008

The 10 Year Reunion



Well, for those of you have experienced your 10 year class reunion you understand the the thought process that goes with it. Do I go, or not, do I hug or shake hands, do I try to get in to shape so they think I've looked like an aerobics instructor for the past ten years, what do I wear, what will I say......you get the idea. After my trip I ask myself, why all the fuss? The easiest way for me to explain it is, time travel. Huh? Well, for me, it had been 10 years since I spoke with anyone I went to high school with, let alone any of my class members. I don't know why, we just went in different directions and grew up. That's what I had been telling myself for the past ten years. I'll admit I was nervous, but when I got there it was like I'd traveled back in time. Everything was so familiar yet a little different. Everyone looked the same for the most part, a little older, but the same. I didn't have trouble recognizing anyone, but it was like I hadn't missed a beat. I was able to talk and reminess like it had only been 10 days not 10 years. No big deal. I will say it is cool to see how families have developed. There weren't any shockers or big surprises, no fights or petty riffs that had been carried through the years. It was people talking just like they always did.
Like I said before, I hadn't spoken to anyone...a little sad, I know. That is exactly the reason I went. I wanted my friends back. I went, got my friends back, and came home. Done. Oh, one more thing, Bryan pickled himself while we were there. I think he was just trying to fit in. :)
If there is a lesson to be learned here it is this, don't waste your time wondering why or why not, pick up the damn phone or email and get to the bottom of it. Lesson learned.

0 comments: